Services offered by Sunrise:
- Often with chronic pain, there is a postural element of distortion or movement dysfunction present. An orthopedic approach begins with accurate assessment of the imbalance through active/passive range of motion testing, muscle resistance tests, and special orthopedic tests to determine the nature of the strained muscle, tissue, or joint. From this information we then present a treatment plan which addresses the strain pattern which is contributing to your pain either chronic or acute. The treatment used integrates a variety of massage / manual therapy modalities including joint mobilizations, myofascial release, and neuromuscular techniques to achieve structural balance.
- Therapeutic Stretching
- Athletes, weekend warriors, and health buffs who understand the benefit of stretching alone will benefit from the targeted approach which uses passive and active stretching methods to facilitate muscle lengthening, pelvic stabilization or SI Joint Decompression. In addition, I use a state of the art Comfort Craft 800 table which safely allows for SI Joint decompression, anterior front and lateral line mysofascial release all while you are completely clothed.
- Services offered by Amy
- Hot Stone Massage
- For centuries, ancient cultures have used both hot and cold stones to soothe physical pains, mentally relax , expedite the healing process and ground ones energy to the earth. Basalt stones of various shapes are heated between 130-150 degrees and used to increase blood and lymphatic flow, warming the tissue for deep tissue work. In acute injury scenarios cold stones made of igneous marble are cooled and used in conjunction with treatment to flush inflammation from the body. The therapist may use one or both temperature stones to create a hydrotherapy effect that brings the entire body into the healing process by rapidly exchanging both oxygen and respiration delivery rates to the tissue as the body seeks homeostasis. This service is especially helpful to soothe the pain of osteoarthritis and to increase blood circulation around stiff joints. However, this service is not recommended for people with current or history of cancer, expectant mothers, or those with diabetes.
- Four Handed Massage
- Imagine one set of hands working the work related tension out of your aching shoulders and neck while at the same time another therapist works your tired feet, wrapping them first in hot towels, compressing and then stretching them til they go to mush. Four handed massage is like your brain died and went to massage heaven! Its therapeutic benefit is unparalleled because the brain can only focus on one sensory stimulus at a time - especially stress and or pain. When sensory input from two therapists is introduced the brain is initially confused and then surrenders more completely and so then do the affected muscle groups. It's literally like getting two massages at once!
- Custom Massage
- A combination of Swedish, Deep Tissue, and Tui Na adjusted to each individual client's needs and preferences.
- Prenatal Massage
- Pregnancy massage focuses on addressing the special needs of expecting women. Specially-designed massage tables, cushions, and side-lying postures are used to prevent putting pressure on the abdomen.
- Tui Na Chinese Medical Acupressure Massage
- Tui Na which originated in Traditional Chinese Medicine literally translates to "pinch and pull" and is often used to address areas of disharmony instead of sole relaxation. It is accompanied by specific acupressure points. Derived from acupuncture, Acupressure is a method that uses physical pressure applied to acupuncture points throughout the body. It works to rebalance your chi, relieve tension, and improve your overall health.